I get into a rut sometimes when it comes to dinner and there are two issues plaguing me at the moment.
One, I’m so tired after work that the last thing I want to do is stand in the kitchen stumbling through complicated food preparation. I just don’t have the energy.
Two, the summer months are upon us and even just the thought of cooking anything in this heat makes me break a sweat (insert clip of Mrs. Doubtfire’s cleavage catching fire over the stove).
So a go-to of mine during the work week is the deliciously simple option below – All you’ll need is half a lemon, olive oil, parmesan cheese, arugula, and prosciutto di parma.
- Combine the arugula, parmesan, and prosciutto (torn into strips). I actually use a large tupperware so that I can shake it up and get the dressing well mixed.
- While applying some pressure with your palm, roll the lemon over the counter a few times; This gets the juices inside flowing.
- Slice the lemon in half and squeeze over the salad. Put the other half aside.
- Pour a drizzle or two of olive oil over the mix.
- Give everything a good toss (or shake, if you go the tupperware route).
- If you’re anything like me, add a second fist full of parmesan. Amiright?
You’re going to love the fresh citrus, the peppery arugula, and the salty prosciutto. It’s one of my favorite, super quick summertime meals.
PS: Bonus tip – these ingredients are also easy to pack up and bring to work for a light lunch option on the cheap.