Have a hot date coming over? Want to impress him/her with an unbelievable meal that will knock their socks off? Well here’s a first course to help get you started:
- Trader Joe’s has heirloom tomatoes that look exotic, fancy and delicious. Buy those and slice them into halves.
- Pinch off sections of some beautiful burrata and toss them into the mix – if you’re not familiar with this breathtaking cheese, you haven’t lived.
Now comes the fancy part.
- You’re going to make a balsamic vinegar reduction. This just means that you put some balsamic into a small saucepan and heat it over low-medium heat until much of the water content evaporates. What you’re left with is a concentrated, sweet, super flavorful syrup. Drizzle this balsamic reduction over your heirloom tomatoes and burrata for some crazy good flavor.
- Add some extra virgin olive oil and black pepper.
- I had some arugula on hand so I tossed that over everything but I also love to add fresh basil for a pop of green.
There you have it – a great starter salad that’s impressive in both flavor and presentation.